At the Executive meeting on 20 October 2020, the Council agreed unanimously to introduce a grant scheme to provide an allocation for each ward councillor.
For the financial year ending 31 March 2022 the allocation has been set at £1500 per ward councillor.
- The funds cannot be used for any party political or campaigning purposes nor for the purpose of denigrating the Council.
- Must be to a specific ‘not for profit group’, event or activity – the scheme excludes individuals.
- The group must have a constitution, or be a registered charity or CIO with their own bank account and at least two signatories.
- Maximum grant of £500 per application
- Applications for the Surrey Heath area only, or provide a clear benefit to Surrey Heath residents.
- Each award must clearly address a specific corporate Council priority.
- No retrospective applications to be considered.
How to apply
To apply, in the first instance please make contact with your ward Councillor, to discuss with them directly how you think we can help your local group. You will then need to complete the Ward Councillor Community Fund Grant Scheme online form.
Any application received prior to a ward Councillor discussion and approval cannot be accepted and will be returned to you.
For further information, please contact Jayne Boitoult, Community Partnerships Officer via email at email@example.com.