Following updated guidance from central government, Surrey Heath Borough Council has reopened its park tennis courts as of Wednesday 13th May. In the interest of public safety, courts will initially be open on a reduced basis.
Courts will be open for singles play only, other than where players are all from the same household, in which case they can play doubles. This is in line with government guidelines of being able to meet one person from outside of your household in order to be able to exercise.
· At all times, players should adhere to the Government’s social distancing guidelines (staying at least 2m away from others), and practice public health advice for hygiene. If waiting for the previous booking to finish, please wait outside the court area.
· Please leave the courts promptly at the end of your booking slot.
· Please bring your own hand wipes or sanitiser to clean equipment or when using entry gates.
· Do not leave your home to play tennis if Government advice means you should stay at home because you or someone you live with has or has had symptoms of COVID-19, or you are in the most vulnerable category and have been advised to shield from the coronavirus.
· Before booking a court, please take a few minutes to read the LTA’s Guidance for Tennis Players which contains more key details on how to keep yourself and others players safe.
Council officers will be conducting spot checks to ensure that the rules above are being followed. Surrey Heath Borough Council will be monitoring this situation closely over the coming days and weeks and will make necessary changes as required, and reserve the right to close facilities if these measures are not respected. Any future decision making around the Council’s leisure facilities will continue to be based on guidance received from central government, the Lawn Tennis Association and in consultation with Surrey Police where necessary.
Tennis for the whole family all year round for just £39
The new booking system introduces a great value Annual Tennis Pass that allows a household of up to 5 people to play Tennis in the Park all year round at any of our four venues across Surrey Heath for just £39 a year – meaning the whole family can play for the equivalent of just £3.25 a month.
Players can also use the system to book courts on the traditional “Pay as you Play” basis at the current rate of £5.75 per court per hour.
Clubspark has already been successfully introduced in other parts of the country and will be very simple to use, allowing people to guarantee a court time and pay for their session in advance, removing the need to speak to a member of ground staff or carry cash. After registering once, courts can be booked in a matter of clicks.