Building Control are operating a near normal service. Applications and enquiries are being processed, however, there maybe times when we may take longer to deal with them. Please bear with us.
Some on-site inspections are being undertaken whilst other inspections will remain virtual. Please book your inspections as normal and we will discuss the protocols and requirements directly with you.
- increasing the capacity of our Meals at Home service.
- working closely with hospitals to support discharged patients
- increasing interior cleaning of our Community Transport vehicles.
- Community Alarm Services are still installing systems and supporting residents accessing the service, with revised processes in place.
Family Support Programme
Families who are working with the department are being contacted by their coordinator before every visit to check if they or anyone if their family are experiencing symptoms.
Family Support Coordinators are offering home visits to families. Staff are assessing their own health situation on a daily basis.
All of the car parks at SHBC-managed parks and open spaces remain open, signage with government guidance have been placed in the parks.
- Frimley Lodge Park
- Lightwater Country Park
- Mytchett Recreation Ground
- Frimley Green Recreation Ground
- London Road Recreation Ground
- Crabtree Park, Camberley
- Watchetts Recreation Ground, Frimley
- All other countryside sites and SANGs.
Playgrounds will remain open across the Borough. Social distancing and other hygiene guidance applies.
Please observe social distancing guidelines wherever possible:
- If this play area is crowded, do not enter if you cannot safely stay at a distance from others.
- Please clean/wash your hands before you enter the play area if possible
- Do not visit a park or play area if you have any symptoms - fever, coughs, shortness of breath.
- Please follow Public Heath England advice on hygiene and wash your hands as soon as you get home.
- Please take all your litter home with you where possible to help keep our parks and play areas litter free.
Outdoor tennis courts will reopen on the 29 March as per the latest Government guidance in the Sports and Physical activity section.
Frimley Lodge Park
- All events due to take place at the park are postponed until further notice with further information released when government guidance allows.
- Café is open for takeaways, Mon–Fri: 9.30am–3pm, Sat-Sun: 9am–3pm.
- Organised outdoor sport can take place from the 29 March. The 3G pitch and grass pitches are available to hire for affiliated teams.
- Pitch and Putt will reopen from the 29 March.
- The hire of BBQs are available to hire from the 17th May subject to Government Guid
Lightwater Country Park
- Café is open for takeaways Wednesday-Sunday, 10am-4pm.
- Fishing is still permitted under the current government guidelines. Visit our Fishing webpage for more information.
Housing and Homelessness
The Housing Team is operating a full service however there is not a drop in service at the Council Offices. For initial advice please contact the Team by telephone or email.
Advice for landlords and tenants relating to Coronavirus.
Advice about your Housing Application or applying to the Housing Register.
- Diabetes Walks, Nature Walks and the Walking For Health Programme have now recommenced.
- Walking Football sessions have recommenced.
- Walking Netball sessions are cancelled until further notice
This department remains open - following government advice the offices are closed therefore a phone/email service is being offered.
More information on Licensing for Businesses and Venues during COVID-19.
All car parks are open.
Car park charges have now been reinstated, but 2 hours free parking is available in Knoll Road.
On-street enforcement is being carried out to ensure the roads remain safe and access for all customers is maintained, especially disabled parking bays and taxi ranks. Please visit www.woking.gov.uk/parking
Revenues and Benefits
- The Revenues and Benefits service is operating an appointment only service for visitors. Appointments should be booked by telephoning 01276 707100.
- Restricted opening times for appointments are Monday to Friday mornings 9am to 1pm.
- These departments remain open and can be contacted by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can report changes using one of our online forms.
- You can sign up to our direct debit payment service, e-billing (rather than paper bills) and text message reminder service to reduce related contacts. View contact details.
- Guidance on what to do if you're worried about making your Council Tax payments due to financial issues caused by Coronavirus can be found on our Paying Your Council Tax webpage.
Surrey Heath Museum
Waste and Recycling
- Joint Waste Solutions manages our waste and recycling services. Please visit their website for the most up to date information.