Building Control are operating a near normal service. Applications and enquiries are being processed, however, there maybe times when we may take longer to deal with them. Please bear with us.
Some on-site inspections are being undertaken whilst other inspections will remain virtual. Please book your inspections as normal and we will discuss the protocols and requirements directly with you.
- increasing the capacity of our Meals at Home service.
- working closely with hospitals to support discharged patients
- increasing interior cleaning of our Community Transport vehicles.
- Community Alarm Services are still installing systems and supporting residents accessing the service, with revised processes in place.
Family Support Programme
Families who are working with the department are being contacted by their coordinator before every visit to check if they or anyone if their family are experiencing symptoms.
The SHBC offices are not open to visitors - a phone/email service is being offered to relevant families.
Home visits are being kept to a minimum with many visits happening virtually.
Staff are assessing their own health situation on a daily basis.
All of the car parks at SHBC-managed parks and open spaces remain open, signage with government guidance have been placed in the parks.
- Frimley Lodge Park
- Lightwater Country Park
- Mytchett Recreation Ground
- Frimley Green Recreation Ground
- London Road Recreation Ground
- Crabtree Park, Camberley
- Watchetts Recreation Ground, Frimley
- All other countryside sites and SANGs.
All Greenspace volunteer groups are postponed until further notice.
Outdoor gyms are closed.
Playgrounds will remain open across the Borough. Social distancing and other hygiene guidance applies.
Please observe social distancing guidelines wherever possible:
- If this play area is crowded, do not enter if you cannot safely stay at a distance from others.
- Please clean/wash your hands before you enter the play area if possible
- Do not visit a park or play area if you have any symptoms - fever, coughs, shortness of breath.
- Please follow Public Heath England advice on hygiene and wash your hands as soon as you get home.
- Please take all your litter home with you where possible to help keep our parks and play areas litter free.
Frimley Lodge Park
- All events due to take place at the park are postponed until further notice with further information released when government guidance allows.
- Café is open for takeaways, Mon–Fri: 9.30am–3pm, Sat-Sun: 9am–3pm.
- All pitch bookings are cancelled and all sports pitches including 3G are closed until further notice.
- Pitch and Putt is closed as per Government guidance.
- The hire of BBQs are currently closed.
Lightwater Country Park
- Café is open for takeaways Wednesday-Sunday, 10am-4pm.
- Fishing is still permitted under the current governement guidelines. Visit our Fishing webpage for more information.
Housing - landlord and tenant advice
This departments remains open - following government advice the offices are closed therefore a phone/email service is being offered.
- Walks are suspended until further notice
- Diabetes Walks and Nature Walks are postponed until further notice.
- Walking Netball and Walking Football sessions are cancelled until further notice.
This department remains open - following government advice the offices are closed therefore a phone/email service is being offered.
For more information on Licensing and Permits, please visit the Coronavirus Information for Businesses webpage.
All car parks are open.
Car park charges have now been reinstated, but 2 hours free parking is available in Knoll Road.
On-street enforcement is being carried out to ensure the roads remain safe and access for all customers is maintained, especially disabled parking bays and taxi ranks. Please visit www.woking.gov.uk/parking
Revenues and Benefits
- The Revenues and Benefits service is operating an appointment only service for visitors. Appointments should be booked by telephoning 01276 707100
- Restricted opening times for appointments are Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings 9am to 1pm
- These departments remain open and can be contacted by email firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can report changes using one of our online forms
- You can sign up to our direct debit payment service, e-billing (rather than paper bills) and text message reminder service to reduce related contacts. Contact details: surreyheath.gov.uk/council/contact-us
- Guidance on what to do if you're worried about making your Council Tax payments due to financial issues caused by Coronavirus can be found on our Paying Your Council Tax webpage.
Surrey Heath Museum
Waste and Recycling
- Joint Waste Solutions manages our waste and recycling services. Please visit their website for the most up to date information.