- For information on the government’s response to Coronavirus visit gov.uk/coronavirus
- For health-related advice on Coronavirus visit nhs.uk/coronavirus
- For the latest Coronavirus-related information from Surrey County Council visit surreycc.gov.uk/coronavirus
- Click here for News releases about SHBC's response to Coronavirus
- Information and support for your business - surreyheath.gov.uk/coronavirusbiz
We are working hard to help staff and residents stay well during the outbreak of Coronavirus.
Some of the steps we are taking are summarised below:
For residents, we are
- equipping staff who are customer facing/make home visits with relevant supplies including hand sanitiser/gloves/wipes.
increasing the capacity of our Meals at Home service.
working closely with hospitals to support discharged patients
increasing interior cleaning of our Community Transport vehicles.
Surrey Heath Prepared
Surrey Heath Prepared has been set up by voluntary groups and SHBC to coordinate support to those self-isolating and the isolated across the borough. If you need support in any way please visit www.surreyheath-prepared.uk or ring 01276 66798. Surrey Heath Prepared can help with things such as shopping, prescription collection, dog walking or a friendly phone call.
Please also contact this group if you would like to volunteer.
We are making temporary changes to our parking operations.
- Knoll Road multi-storey car park will be closed from 8pm on Friday 27 March 2020. The open air surface area of this car park will remain open. Restricted bays such as those for Disabled users and Community Transport buses will still be enforced.
- All other council-owned car parks will remain open and operate free of charge from Thursday 26 March 2020 and throughout this period.
- All permit holders, both car park and on-street residential, will have their permits automatically extended to cover the period where parking is provided for free.
- We will not be processing new car park or residential parking permit applications during this period.
- Our civil enforcement officers will only enforce parking in the interests of public safety.
Waste and Recycling
Joint Waste Solutions manages our waste and recycling services, so for the most up to date information go to jointwastesolutions.org.
Benefits and Council Tax
- These departments remain open – they are operating a phone/email service only. You can sign up to our direct debit payment service, e-billing (rather than paper bills) and text message reminder service to reduce related contacts. Contact details: surreyheath.gov.uk/council/contact-us
- Guidance on what to do if you're worried about making your Council Tax payments due to financial issues caused by Coronavirus can be found here
Family Support Programme
COVID-19 Emergency Charity Grant Scheme
Some on-site inspections are being undertaken whilst other inspections will remain virtual. Please book your inspections as normal and we will discuss the protocols and requirements directly with you.
The following departments remain open - following government advice the offices are closed therefore a phone/email service is being offered:
Virtual Planning Applications Committees will be held with the first committee scheduled for Thursday 30 April. Please refer to the Committees page on this website for further information and future meeting dates.
Housing - landlord and tenant advice
All of the car parks at SHBC-managed parks and open spaces have now re-opened, signage with government guidance have been placed in the parks.
All sports pitch hire is cancelled until further notice.
All Greenspace volunteer groups are postponed until further notice.
SHBC playgrounds remain closed.
Frimley Lodge Park
- All events due to take place at the park are postponed until further notice and when goverment guidance allows.
- BBQ hire is not available until further notice.
Lightwater Country Park
The cafe is closed.
Walking for Health scheme will not take place until further notice.
Diabetes Walks and Nature Walks are postponed until further notice.
Walking Netball and Walking Football sessions are cancelled until further notice.
Surrey Heath Museum
is closed to visitors but can be contacted via email on firstname.lastname@example.org with any enquiries.
is closed until further notice. More information can be found at camberleytheatre.co.uk.
How to access Government Financial support if you or your business is affected by COVID19
- Statutory Sick Pay
- Universal Credit
- Employment and Support Allowance
- Your rights if your hours are cut or you’re laid off
- What to do if you cannot pay your tax bill on time
Surrey Heath has an online benefits calculator where you can check your possible entitlement to help with your rent and Council Tax costs.
Support to local businesses from SHBC's Economic and Development Team
- Signposting local businesses to the advice from central Government, and contacting businesses to share what support is available.
- Economic Development and Business Rates staff will ensure that all businesses get all the relevant information, and updates to their business rates billing, as soon as possible.
- Any questions about the support should be directed to email@example.com in the first instance. Emails will be responded to as soon as we have the relevant information.
- Please sign up to our business newsletter where we will be posting regular updates and information specifically for businesses.
- Please take a look at our 'Coronavirus information for businesses webpage' for more information.
For employees we are
- signposting staff to Public Health England and NHS advice.
- making hand sanitisers and disinfectant wipes available throughout our offices and sharing official hand washing guidelines.
- ensuring employees in high risk groups are working from home as a priority.
- requiring staff to self-isolate if they have symptoms.
- intensifying the cleaning of our offices and Council vehicles
- providing equipment to enable staff to use remote working/videoconferencing facilities where possible.
- reducing face-to-face contact where possible - the offices are closed to visitors.
Covid-19 privacy notice