Following the launch of the Surrey Heath Lottery last year, local charities can now apply for grants from the money raised.
The Surrey Heath Lottery was introduced in July 2019, and was set-up to support local charitable projects - raising money in the community for the community.
The scheme enables us to empower local good causes to raise funds by connecting with their supporters. We now have more than 60 local good causes registered, all raising money and working to support a variety of services in our local area.
Each lottery ticket costs £1 per week, with 60p going to good causes in Surrey Heath. 50p goes to a nominated good cause, with the remaining 10p accumulating to provide the source of this grant scheme.
This Surrey Heath Annual Lottery Scheme is open to local registered charities who provide services/support in Surrey Heath.
Who can apply?
- Statutory Authorities or Schools/Colleges
- Trading/profit making companies
- Individuals or funds set up to benefit an individual
- No retrospective applications will be considered, or any organisation more than once
- Charities or organisations not registered with the Charity Commission
How to apply
The closing date for 2020 applications was 30 November. All applicants will be advised of the Council decision by the 23 December, either by letter or email. Applications for the 2021 scheme are expected to open in the autumn.