If you are worried about fire safety and security in your home you may qualify for a Fire Safety and Crime Prevention Grant. The type of work for which financial assistance may be given include:
- Fitting smoke or heat detectors.
- Fitting security chains or stay and spy hole fitted to main access doorway to dwelling.
- Fitting security light.
- Repair defective window catches.
- Repair window to secure condition.
- Provide and fit deadlocking security lock to front door.
- Provide and fit security deadlocks to all windows.
- Provide and deadlocking security bolt to rear door.
- Carry out work recommended by Crime Prevention Officer.
To qualify for grant assistance an applicant must:
- Be aged 18 years or over on the date of application.
- Be an owner-occupier or a private tenant, or an occupant who occupies the dwelling under a right of exclusive occupation grant for his life or for a period of more than three years.
- Be on an income- related benefit.
Guarantee Pension Credit
Council Tax Benefit
Disabled Persons Tax Credit
- Have a power to carry out the work.
- Have lived in the dwelling for a period of 3 years prior to the application.
- Not been awarded a minor grant by this Council within the last 3 years prior to application.
The maximum grant for this work is £1000.
We regret that a grant cannot be paid for work, which has started or completed prior to grant approval.