As part of the Council’s commitment to helping local sporting talent develop, Surrey Heath residents competing at county level or above in a sport recognised by Sport England may be entitled to free off-peak access to local leisure facilities under the ‘Free Access for County Sportspeople’ (FACS) scheme.
Facilities offering free access for county sportspeople (FACS)
Lightwater Leisure Centre
Address: Lightwater Country Park, The Avenue, Lightwater, GU18 5RG
Visit the Lightwater Leisure Centre website.
Off peak times:
- Mon - Fri 6:00am - 4:30pm
- Sat - Sun 8:00am - 10:00am or 5:00pm - 8:00pm
Please note, Lightwater Leisure Centre does not have a swimming pool.
Places Leisure Camberley
Address: Grand Ave, Camberley, GU15 3QH
Off peak times:
- 8:00am - 12:00pm
- 13:00pm - 18:00pm
- 20:00pm - 22:00pm.
- 8:00am - 16:00pm
- 20:00pm - 22:00pm
- 6:00am - 17:00pm
- 21:00pm - 22:00pm
Visit the Places Leisure Camberley website.
Terms and Conditions
All FACS scheme users:
- Must be of County standard or above in their sport and provide a supporting letter from their governing body.
- Must be a resident of Surrey Heath.
- Must show a valid FACS card on every visit to the facility.
- Will be restricted to the use of facilities that complement the sport that they represent their County in.
- Must only use facilities when they are available and cannot prevent the use by a paying customer.
- Cannot book free facilities in advance.
- Must pay the full fees for any facilities used outside of off peak times (listed under Participating venues).
- If the fitness suite is used the user must be 16 years or over (unless otherwise stated) and induction must be completed and paid for.
- The authority reserves the right to terminate membership should any breach of the FACS scheme conditions occur, or should reasonable grounds be given by the facility manager.
How to apply
Complete the Free Access for County Sportspeople online form. Please note you will require a digital passport style photo for your membership card and proof of your competition standard.
If you would like to request a paper copy of the form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did you know?
County standard athletes may also be able to apply to the Surrey Heath Sports Council for funding support towards training, equipment and competition costs.
3G Football Pitch at Frimley Lodge Park
At its discretion the Council may also be able to offer a limited number of off-peak access memberships for individual training (not team) on the 3G football pitch at Frimley Lodge Park to those competing at county standard and above. Please get in contact with the team using the details below to discuss this further.
If you have any questions, please get in touch with Craig Alford from the Sport and Community Development team by emailing Craig.Alford@surreyheath.gov.uk.