For guidance on the general duties falling on an employer of a small or medium sized business, guidance is available on the Health & Safety Executive website where you can download a printable version or order a leaflet!
The site gives guidance on the duties falling on the employer, provides templates for writing a health & safety policy and examples and templates for carrying out risk assessments.
General Duties Will Include:
- Electricity at Work
- Fire Safety
- Gas Safety
- Record Keeping
- The Reporting of Accidents
- Slips, Trips & Falls in the Workplace
- Manual Handling in the Workplace
- The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
- Lifting Operations and lifting Equipment Regulations (LOLER)
- Smoke Free Legislation