We will only use your personal data for limited purposes. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation and the Council is under a legal duty, for example collecting Council Tax.
- Where it is necessary to perform our Public Task in order to deliver public services (or those of a third party where there is a data sharing agreement) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we are involved in a contract and processing is required, for example a contract of employment or a contract to provide services.
- Where a persons vital interests are at stake and the Council must carry out the activity to protect them from harm.
- Where it is entirely optional and consent is given freely in respect of the processing of your information, for example you have asked to be kept up-to-date with a public consultation.
Generally we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications where you have agreed to this. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
We only do limited marketing where you have signed up to receive it; usually through emails, bulletins or brochures and you can choose to unsubscribe at any time.
We do not sell any of our data to third parties.
Where you unsubscribe from receiving marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of provision of statutory services to you.