Each year the Council will make funds available for Town Partnerships activity for young people under the age of 25. There is no maximum grant threshold, however, as a guide it is unlikely that grants in excess of £1,000 will be made.
Grants are available to:
- individuals and
- non-statutory, not for profit groups/organisations who provide a service to the local or the wider community associated with advancing the objectives of Town Partnership.
Grants are available for one-off type costs and no retrospective applications will be considered. In assessing the grant, the Council will give consideration to the amount of funding being raised/sought from other sources, the number of young people being assisted and the wider benefit to the community over time.
Here are some examples of the sorts of activities that the grant aid might support. The final decision will be based upon the need and quality of each bid:
- Travel and accommodation expenses for a scout group to visit Bietigheim-Bissingen for a Jamboree.
- Travel expenses associated with travel to Sucy-en-Brie for a Youth Tennis Tournament.
- Training costs to help a new friends group get established.
- Hospitality expenses in entertaining a youth group visiting from one of the twinned towns.
How to apply
Download an application form. There is no deadline for the submission of applications, subject to monies still being available in each financial year. For further information please contact the Town Partnerships Office on 01276 707100 or e-mail email@example.com