- This page helps businesses find out how to access the support that has been made available, who is eligible, when the schemes open and how to apply - https://www.businesssupport.gov.uk/coronavirus-business-support/
- For information on the government’s response to Coronavirus visit gov.uk/coronavirus
- For health-related advice on Coronavirus visit nhs.uk/coronavirus
- For the latest Coronavirus-related information from Surrey County Council visit surreycc.gov.uk/coronavirus
- Government guidance on businesses that need to close or stay open.
Coronavirus: Business rates support measures
Scheme 1 – Business Support Grant Fund
Scheme 2 – Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Business Grant Fund
The Council has now received information on the administration of the grants from the Government. We will implement these payments quickly, knowing how important this will be in supporting your business at this critical time. Payments of the grants can be expected in early April.
If you are self employed the Governement has announced the the Self Employed Income Support Scheme. Access the information by clicking on this link.
The Self-employment Income Support Scheme (SEISS) will support self-employed individuals (including members of partnerships) whose income has been negatively impacted by COVID-19. The scheme will provide a grant to self-employed individuals or partnerships, worth 80% of their profits up to a cap of £2,500 per month.
HMRC will use the average profits from tax returns in 2016-17, 2017-18 and 2018-19 to calculate the size of the grant. The scheme will be open to those where the majority of their income comes from self-employment and who have profits of less than £50,000. The scheme will be open for an initial three months with people able to make their first claim by the beginning of June.