If you have an impairment or a health condition that makes living alone difficult, making some adaptations to your home or getting extra support may help you to live in your own home.
- View information on Independence at home
- View disabled facilities grant information
- View Equipment for use about the home
- View Special Needs Housing
Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
Disability Living Allowance is a tax-free benefit for children and adults who need help with personal care or have walking difficulties because they are physically or mentally disabled.
Blue Badge Parking
The Blue Badge scheme provides a range of parking concessions for people with severe mobility problems who have difficulty using public transport. The scheme operates throughout the UK.
You can get help to gain new skills, find a job or stay in work from a range of organisations, through Job Centres, Careers Services and Voluntary organisations.
There is a wide range of disability-related financial support, including benefits, tax credits, payments, grants and concessions.
- Disabled Rights and Obligations
- Blue Badge Scheme
- Disabled Home and Housing Options
- Disability Living Allowance
- Disabled Employment Support
- Disabled Financial Support
- Voluntary Support North Surrey
- Disabled People's Partnership