Carersnet is a website for Carers and providers of health and Social Services, voluntary organisations and the business sector.
The site has been developed by Action for Carers (Surrey) in conjunction with other Carers organisations in Surrey. Although the site contains much information about Surrey based services it is also intended as a resource for Carers across the world. Carersnet is Carer led and Carers are involved in the planning and the running of the site.
Action for Carers (Surrey) is led by Carers, run by an Executive Committee of Carers and supported by professionals of Health, Social Services, the Voluntary Sector and the Business Sector.
Action for Carers (Surrey) aims to:
- Foster and promote individuality, personal esteem and self worth of Carers
- Highlight the value of Carers contribution to our society
- Act as a two-way channel of 'best practice', both in caring, advice and information
Carersnet contains regularly updated information and advice on the following:
- View information on Local Carers Support
- National Carers Organisations
- Action for Carers and Employment
- Young Carers
- Taking a break - Respite Care
- Social Services and Carers
- Health Matters
- Citizens Advice Bureaux
- Information about Carers rights and expectations, the Carers Act, the National Carers Strategy and the Carers Code
- Benefits Information
- Resource Information For Parent Carers in Surrey
- Numerous links to other useful sites
Carersnet hope you enjoy visiting there site and welcome any comments or suggestions about its content or design - a feedback form is included on the site. Alternatively, if you would like to help with the continued development of the site and
- Live in or around Surrey
- Are a Carer yourself or have an interest in Carer issues
- Are familiar with the internet
The site is also the home of Care Radio the radio station for Carers. Monthly broadcasts from Care Radio can be downloaded from the site. This unique radio station can be accessed by Carers twenty-four hours a day and seven days a week.
Young Carers are children and young people, up to the age of 18, who look after someone who has a disability or long terms illness. Young Carers may care for parents, brother and sisters, or other family members or friends.
The Surrey Young Carers Site is a special area designed specifically with young carers in mind contains information, advice, games and competitions.
Surrey Heath Social Care Team
Surrey GU16 7ER
Telephone us via our Contact Centre on 08456 009 009
Fax: 01276 800201
Surrey Heath Carers
Address: Carers Support Office, Ian Goodchild Centre, Knoll Road, Camberley Surrey GU15 3SY
Phone: 01276 27390