Surrey Heath Borough Council has announced today, 24 October 2017, that a real ice rink is coming to Park Street, Camberley, in December.
Leader of the Council, Cllr Moira Gibson said, “Surrey Heath Borough Council is delighted that an ice rink will be in Camberley in time for Christmas.
We know that many of our residents enjoyed the opportunity to skate last December and we hope by locating the ice rink directly into our vibrant town centre many more people can enjoy a magical open air skate on real ice when they are Christmas shopping and meeting family and friends.”
Karen Whelan, Chief Executive, SHBC added, “Join us in Camberley this Christmas. The town centre will be a lovely place where you can enjoy the ice rink, Christmas lights and many festive events and promotions taking place in Park Street, The High Street and our shopping centres.”
The ice rink will be open from 9 December 2017 until 5 January 2018. Everyone is welcome, although skaters must be aged 3 or over. Early bird booking offers will be available until 13 November 2017. Skating slots are 45 mins long. For those seeking a unique experience, exclusive use of the ice rink can be arranged for schools, Christmas parties and groups of friends at selected times by contacting the event box office at Camberley Theatre. Ice skates are included in the booking fee. Skate aids are available on a first come, first served basis and are also included in the booking fee.
Ice Skate Camberley is proudly supported by Knights Property Services, Camberley.
To find out more, including information on how to book your tickets, visit www.christmasincamberley.co.uk.
Christmas in Camberley is going to be lots of fun for all the family. In addition to the ice rink there are many wonderful events taking place:
- Christmas Lights Switch On, 18 November 2017, 5pm – 6.30pm, Town Centre, and a full day of seasonal activities, including a Christmas Farmer and Artisan Market and festive entertainment on Park Street all afternoon
- Peter Pan Pantomime, 12 to 31 December, Camberley Theatre. Join Peter Pan as he takes Wendy and her brothers on an action packed adventure in Neverland
- Visit Father Christmas, 1 to 24 December, The Square Shopping Centre. For more information visit www.bookfatherchristmas.co.uk/camberley
- Free daily craft and fun activities for children, 19 November to 24 December, The Square Shopping Centre
- The Atrium is running lots of fabulous promotions and festive events, including a giant snow globe which you can hop into for photos on 18 November
Camberley has warm, undercover shopping centres with easy to access parking and lots of fabulous places to enjoy hot drinks and food. Once you’ve done your Christmas shopping and been ice skating, you can enjoy a film at Vue, a game of bowling and a lovely meal in one of our many excellent restaurants and pubs.