- Provide services that are easily accessible.
- Treat you in a caring manner.
- Treat you fairly and with equality.
- Provide you with a quality service to get it right first time.
- Be open, honest and make sure we keep all your details confidential whenever we deal with you.
- Listen to what you say and learn from our dealings with you.
- Value our team and expect that you will treat them with the same respect that you would expect from us.
When you use our website
- We will keep our website up to date.
- We welcome your comments which will help us to continually improve our website.
- Wherever possible we will make our services available electronically.
When you visit the council
- Our welcoming team at reception will help you.
- We will make every effort to make sure that you're not kept waiting long and, if there is a delay, we will tell you about it as soon as possible.
- Our team will always be friendly, approachable and professional.
When we visit you
- If we need to visit you, we will make an appointment when necessary.
- We will keep our appointments but will let you know as soon as possible should there be any change.
- When we arrive, we will always show you our identification.
- We will answer your questions as fully and helpfully as possible or advise you where to go for more help.
- If we cannot answer your questions at the time, we will explain the process and tell you when you can expect a response from us.
When you email or write to us
- We aim to respond fully to emails and letters within 7 working days. If we cannot do this, we will send you a 'holding response' within 3 working days and a full response within 21 working days.
- You can expect all information you receive from us to be written in plain English and be easy to understand.
If you have any particular needs
- If you or anyone you know needs information from us in another language or in large print, please let us know and we will be happy to help. We can provide language interpreters.
- If you have mobility difficulties and are unable to visit the Council offices we may be able to arrange to come and see you in your own home.
- If you have other particular needs, please let us know and we will always try to help.
Our contact details
The Council offices are open from 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Thursday and from 8.30am to 4.30pm on Fridays. You will be able to contact us between these times.
Compliments / Complaints
At Surrey Heath Borough Council we aim to give the best possible service to all our customers.
We would like to know when we do things well so that we can share good practice across the Council.
The Council has established a Complaints Policy. If we get things wrong we want to try to put them right and improve our services for the future.
Complaints are dealt with as quickly as possible and are acknowledged in two working days. Some take longer than others but the aim is to reply in full within 10 working days. However, if your complaint is to take any longer, you will receive an explanation as to why and when a full reply may be expected.